Making New Year’s Eve plans isn’t always easy, especially when trying to settle down after Christmas. We thought we could help by giving you some options! Here’s a list of events we’ve found that could be great for “party people,” or families.
- Jackson Square
One of the best and most exciting celebrations in NOLA, the historic park in French Quarter offers their own version of the ball drop: The Fleur de Lis at midnight.
- New Years Eve Bourbon Street Balcony – This one is for the true partiers. Offering a premium, open bar for three hours, small bites to eat, a champagne toast, and festive party favors, this party is sure to offer a great time “above the crowd,” on Bourbon Street.
Get your tickets to one of the world’s funnest NYE parties here!
- Allstate Sugar Bowl Parade – While this festive event doesn’t take place on NYE, it’s a great experience for families to enjoy. This Mardi Gras style parade features floats, bands and other attractions. The parade runs through the French Quarter and ends at Canal Street. Be sure to get there early, as the parade starts at 2:00PM!
- Bright Night New Orleans NYE Gala – Hosted by the Hyatt Regency, New Orleans, this fun event offers a lineup of DJs and bands such as Tank and the Bangas, you’ll be sure to welcome in the new year with a bang. The party runs from 9:00 PM to 1:30 AM. Ther Hyatt Regency offers their guests party favors for the moment the clock strikes midnight.
Get your tickets here.
- Studio 504 Disco Forever
Looking to dress up for a great themed party? Check out the Disco Forever event at studio 504. Offering a variety of VIP experiences, multiple DJs, and Go-Go dancers, you’ll be sure to have a great time at this event.
Check out more details here
Most of the events listed above are on the rowdy side, so check out these kid-friendly events for the whole family to enjoy!
- New Year’s Eve Countdown to Noon
- Cinderella’s New Year’s Masquerade Ball
- New Year’s Eve at the Children’s Museum
- Zoo Year’s Eve
- Rockin’ New Year’s Eve Balloon Drop
Whether you’re looking to ring in the new year with a big celebration or a modest one, NOLA has something for everyone. It’s a great place to end the year, regardless of how you choose to do it!
Happy New Year everyone!