United Policy Holders: Avoid Words Like “Flood” and “Mold” when Reporting a Homeowners Insurance Claim

In a recent New York Times article, Amy Bach of United Policyholders provided tips concerning words to avoid when speaking with your insurance representative about a homeowner’s insurance property damage claim.

United Policyholders is a a nonprofit group focused on educating consumers about insurance.

Amy says to avoid words like “flood” and “mold” and use language like “There has been an accident at my house, on my property and my property has been damaged, and I’m filing a claim.”


Copyright © 2019, Lavis Law Firm. All rights reserved