LaPlace, Louisiana Lawyer
I-55 ends at I-10 in LaPlace, Louisiana and some of the traffic flow continues south to Airline Highway via Highway 51. Laplace is located in St. John The Baptist Parish, where in 2018, there were 13 Fatal Crashes (10 involving alcohol) in addition to 420 injury crashes (30 involving alcohol) and 1179 property damage only crashes (45 involving alcohol). The most common contributing factors to these injuries include:
- Distracted driving – texting,
- Alcohol & Drug Impaired-Driving
- Aggressive driving – in addition to speeding above- aggressive driving includes failure to yield, following too closely, cutting in/improper passing, disregarding traffic control, careless operation
- Unbelted Passengers
The Port of South Louisiana is headquartered in LaPlace and is critical for grain shipment. There are also several plants in the area.
Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney has helped people injured in Laplace since 2004 and is prepared to help you. Whether you have fallen on the job, been in an accident at one of the plants or have been involved in acar accident with a distract driver, our lawyer will meet you at a location that is convenient for you.To discuss your case with an experienced injury attorney, schedule a free initial consultation by calling us today.
Hours: We accept calls 24-hours a day
Why our law firm?
- We have an A+ rating with the BBB.
- Top Injured Worker Attorney with Worker Injury Law & Advocacy Group
- We have a 11-part Client Services Guarantee.
See why our clients love working with us.
- “What I love about him is his Honesty and Integrity and how professional he handles his business”.
- “Mr. Lavis handles my worker’s compensation case and is easy to contact when I need him. Very professional and always doing his best for me. I would highly recommend Mr. Lavis if you are in need of a great professional attorney”.
- “He’s got great personality and is very helpful”.
“I’ve been a client of Mr. Lavis for over 10 years, he always provided excellent service. He makes the process painless and he’s a very hand on attorney. You get knowledge, compassion and accountability with Charles Lavis and I would recommend him to all my family and friends.”
Review by: Keisha Woods
Reviewing: Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney
Read More Testimonials
What types of cases do we take?
Our law firm focuses in the following areas of law:
- Car Accidents: We love helping with rear-end collisions and distracted driving accidents. If you need a car accident lawyer in LaPlace, LA, our law firm can help. Car accidents can often lead to serious injuries, medical bills and lost wages. We understand the legal issues involved in car accidents, and we have the experience and skill needed to advocate for your interests. Contact our LaPlace, LA lawyer today.
- Workers Compensation: The type of workers comp benefits you received depend on both the location of your injury (Inland, Shore side, On The Mississippi River, Lake, Offshore) and the type of work that you do. We help workers who have fallen, been struck by objects or caught in equipment.
- Insurance Claims: We love helping with life insurance and property damage claims. Life insurance is often denied during the contestability period or because the death is not covered, relevant information not disclosed or nonpayment of premium. Property damage adjuster also sometimes underestimate the scope and price of the claim. Do not be discouraged, call our LaPlace, LA insurance lawyer for help. Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney has handled hundreds of homeowner’s claims and many life insurance and flood insurance claims.
- Personal Injuries: Charles Lavis became a personal injury attorney in 1995 because he likes to help people like you. If you were hurt on the job, involved in an auto accident, boating accident, construction accident, or otherwise suffered a loss because of a defective product, shoddy repair job or because you slipped and fell on a wet floor or tripped and fell on pavement in a parking lot, it might be time to look for a personal injury attorney in LaPlace, LA.
LaPlace, Louisiana is classified as a “Census-Designated Place” (also known as a CDP) in the southeastern part of the state, in St. John the Baptist Parish. A settlement with a rich history dating back to the 18th century, LaPlace continues to be a significant economic area in the region.
The landmark that is perhaps LaPlace’s most distinguishing feature is the Port of South Louisiana, which is headquartered in the CDP. This port spans much of the Mississippi, but its significance to LaPlace residents cannot be overstated. As a hub for commercial traffic that travels along the river, LaPlace enjoys the economic benefits of this aspect of the transportation industry. Moreover, the Port of South Louisiana is a major employer for inhabitants of the area. In the same vein of transportation, LaPlace is conveniently situated near several interstates, which bring overland traffic through the area, further stimulating the local economy.
Apart from transportation, LaPlace’s economy is still heavily reliant on the industry which prompted the area’s settlement: agriculture. Although most residents are no longer solitary farmers, agriculturally focused processing plants and general manufacturing centers provide many jobs in the area. Manufacturing, as a generic industry, is one of the major economic powerhouses for LaPlace. In addition to agricultural manufacturing, there are also businesses that focus on steel and chemical manufacturing. As with much of southeastern Louisiana, the petrochemical industry is intrinsic to the economic success of LaPlace. The nearby Shell Chemical Company plant not only brings capital into the area, but is also one of the CDP’s largest employers.
The economy of LaPlace is not entirely based in manufacturing and transportation, however; many local residents are also involved in the education industry. Indeed, educational services is currently ranked as one of the biggest employers of LaPlace’s workforce. Other major sectors of the local economy include wholesale retail, real estate and entertainment. The economy of LaPlace is heavily grounded in the presence of the Port of South Louisiana and numerous manufacturing plants, but it is clear that it is not so focused on these industries that it is not diverse enough to accommodate a number of options for the local workforce.
If you have any questions about your LaPlace, Louisiana legal matter, please give Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney a call at toll free 1-866-289-2802 or submit your inquiry online. We help people recover money from corporations, insurance companies and governments by overcoming problems, hassles and delays.