Six Important Things You May Want to Find LOUISIANA UNIFORM CRASH REPORT.
1. Fault - What drivers are at fault?
- Look for sections that detail the narrative of the crash and the diagram of the crash scene. These provide insights into how and why the crash occurred.
- The officer’s opinion regarding fault may be recorded, often based on factors like traffic violations, witness statements, and physical evidence.
- There might be specific codes or checkboxes indicating violations or contributing factors by each driver.
2. What insurance did the at-fault driver have?
- This information is usually found in the section where driver details are recorded, including their name, address, driver’s license information, and insurance details.
- Look for fields labeled as “Insurance Company” or similar terms.
3. Were any injuries reported?
- Check the section detailing injuries. This often includes a list of all individuals involved and specifies whether each person was injured, the type of injury, and its severity.
- There might be checkboxes or codes indicating the presence and severity of injuries for each individual.
4. Was the at-fault driver intoxicated from alcohol or drugs?
- This information can usually be found in the section of the report dealing with the at-fault driver’s condition at the time of the crash.
- Look for fields or checkboxes that indicate whether the driver was tested for alcohol or drugs, and the results of these tests.
5. Was anyone taken to the hospital by ambulance?
- In the section detailing injuries or in a separate section for emergency response, look for information regarding ambulance transport.
- There might be checkboxes or fields indicating whether each injured individual was transported to a hospital, and if so, whether it was by ambulance.
6. Where was my car towed to?
- Tow information is typically recorded in a section dedicated to vehicle information post-crash.
- Look for fields that include the name of the towing service and the location where the vehicle was towed.
Call a Top Rated Local New Orleans Car Accident Lawyer
Contact an experienced New Orleans car accident law firm near you. Charles Lavis has been handling car accident and personal injury lawsuits in the New Orleans area since 1995. Throughout his legal career, Charles has represented workers, consumers, homeowners, and business owners against insurance companies and corporations. He represents clients who have been injured due to the negligence of others.
Insurance Lawyer Reviews
Mr. Charles helped me and my family on our house fire that happened in June. He was very informative and patient with us. He made sure that we understood everything that was going on with the insurance company. I never had one doubt that he would be dishonest. He’s the best lawyer that we’ve ever encountered, his loyalty, his honesty, and friendliness was very appreciated.