Hurricane Insurance Property Damage Claims
Is your insurance company delaying, making excuses, denying or underpaying your Louisiana Hurricane insurance property damage claim? Let us help. Lavis Law Firm can prepare your business or homeowners’ insurance claim, help you complete your proof of loss and assemble the documents necessary to prove your claim.
Your insurance company is required to quickly and efficiently settle your claim and pay for all of your damages covered by the policy. Your policy may provide coverage for your property damage, extra expenses and business interruption.
We have successfully handled hundreds of hurricane insurance claims involving Gulf of Mexico Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Gustav and Isaac. These claims have included claims for wrongful denial of policy benefits, miscalculation of estimated damages as well as failure to pay for covered items, overhead and profit, taxes and recoverable depreciation.
We help maximize the value of your claim by consulting with experts including contractors, public adjusters, engineers, roofers, a microbiologist and mold remediation companies. If your claim cannot be resolved amicably, with your permission, we will take your insurance company to court.Statistics
- 16% of people mistakenly believe that homeowners insurance covers flood damages, and 71% of Louisianians don’t have flood insurance.
- With seemingly more hurricane activity over the years, Americans have increasingly sought the security of flood insurance for their property. For example, in 1978, just $50,500,956 in property was covered nationally; whereas, $1,293,113,181 was covered in 2012. Louisianians, who are prime targets for hurricane damage, make up a significant market of this coverage.
- From 2002 to 2012, an average of $2,930,501.18 was paid in flood insurance losses nationally, which is an average of about 58,695 claimed losses per year.
- Flood Insurance Rate Map.
We are familiar with both wind and flood insurance claims and have handled cases against some of the largest insurance companies including State Farm, USAA, Lloyds of London, Allstate, The Hartford, Scottsdale and Louisiana Citizens Property Insurance Corporation. If you need to know if your insurance company is treating you fairly, if you have any question about your hurricane insurance property damage claim or if you simply want to request a free copy of my “5 Things Your Insurance Company Won’t Tell You About Your Hurricane Insurance Property Damage Claim”, call Charles E. Lavis Jr at 866-558-9151 or submit your free case evaluation. Please be advised that you may be facing important legal deadlines so don't delay.
- Charles Lavis Jr helped me out a couple of times with job injury cases. The insurance company tried to mess me over a couple of times and he successfully overcame the obstacles. He did a great job! Read More »