Typically, here are the steps you might follow to get the NOPD Crash Report:
- Visit the City Of New Orleans Public Records Request website at https://nola.nextrequest.com/requests/new .
- Locate the form for requests: On the main page, there’s usually a form to fill out to make a new request.
- Fill out the form: You’ll be asked to provide as much detail as you can. You should include the following information:
Your name, address, and contact information.
The Item Number.
The date and time of the accident.
The location of the accident.
Any involved parties, if known.
Any other specific information you believe might be relevant.
Make sure to specify that you’re looking for an accident report. Be as specific as you can to help the agency locate the information.
On the *Department Pull Down Menu, you should select Police Department (NOPD)
- Submit your request: There should be a “MAKE REQUEST” button at the bottom of the form. After you click this, your request should be sent to the appropriate department.
- Await a response: Depending on the agency’s workload and the complexity of your request, it might take some time for them to respond. They should contact you with any updates, either by email or through the platform.