Kenner, Louisiana Lawyer
In addition to helping those injured in I-10 or Airline Highway car accidents or tourists traveling to or from Armstrong International Airport, Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney has for over 24 years, helped people injured on the job while performing manual labor in oil and gas, manufacturing and warehousing businesses. While the majority of employers are fair in their workers compensation claims handling practices, sometimes injured workers need some assistance while under their doctor’s care, especially when the workers compensation insurance company starts sending nurse case managers to interfere with medical treatment or vocational counselors to seek approval of Labor Market Survey jobs that do not really meet the injured workers physical restrictions.
Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney is conveniently located in Jefferson and Orleans Parishes and on both the Eastbank and Westbank of the Mississippi River. If you cannot come to one of our locations, a Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney attorney will meet you at a location that is more convenient for you. From Laketown to Rivertown, we got you covered.
To discuss your case with an experienced injury attorney, schedule a free initial consultation by calling us today.
Hours: We accept calls 24-hours a day
Why our law firm?
- We have an A+ rating with the BBB.
- Top Injured Worker Attorney with Worker Injury Law & Advocacy Group
- We have a 11-part Client Services Guarantee.
See why our clients love working with us.
- “What I love about him is his Honesty and Integrity and how professional he handles his business”.
- “Mr. Lavis handles my worker’s compensation case and is easy to contact when I need him. Very professional and always doing his best for me. I would highly recommend Mr. Lavis if you are in need of a great professional attorney”.
- “He’s got great personality and is very helpful”.
“I’ve been a client of Mr. Lavis for over 10 years, he always provided excellent service. He makes the process painless and he’s a very hand on attorney. You get knowledge, compassion and accountability with Charles Lavis and I would recommend him to all my family and friends.”
Review by: Keisha Woods
Reviewing: Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney
Read More Testimonials
What types of cases do we take?
Our law firm focuses in the following areas of law:
- Car Accidents: We love helping with hit and run accidents and Total Loss property damage and diminished value claims. If you need a car accident lawyer in Kenner, LA, our law firm can help. Car accidents can often lead to serious injuries, resulting in expensive medical treatment, time off work and lost income. Pursuing damages from a negligent driver to recover these costs can be a beneficial option to help victims of car accidents. We understand the legal issues involved in car accidents, and we have the experience and skill needed to advocate for your interests. Contact our Kenner, LA lawyer today.
- Workers Compensation: The type of workers comp benefits you received depend on both the location of your injury (Inland, Shore side, On The Mississippi River, Lake, Offshore) and the type of work that you do. All workers compensation systems provide for some type of wage loss benefit, medical expense, mileage reimbursement and death benefits. Some compensation systems such as the Jones Act and FELA require proving employer negligence and provide money for pain and suffering. Other, like the Longshore Act and Louisiana Worker’s Comp are not based on fault but do not provide for pain and suffering money unless the injured worker is successful in bringing a third party claim.
- Insurance Claims: We love helping with life insurance and property damage claims. Oftentimes insurance is denied for an arbitrary reason, or a misinterpretation or misrepresentation of policy language. Request a copy of your policy and call our Kenner, LA insurance lawyer for help. Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney has handled hundreds of homeowner’s claims and many life insurance and flood insurance claims.
- Personal Injuries Personal Injuries: Charles Lavis became a personal injury attorney in 1995 because he likes to help people like you. If you were hurt on the job, involved in an auto accident, boating accident, construction accident, or otherwise suffered a loss because of a defective product, shoddy repair job or because you slipped and fell on a wet floor or tripped and fell on pavement in a parking lot, it might be time to look for a personal injury attorney in Kenner, LA.
The City of Kenner, Louisiana is located in Jefferson Parish, and considered a part of the New Orleans Metropolitan Area. Although it began as a series of separate plantations bordered by swamps, Kenner has steadily grown to become an invaluable player in the greater metropolitan area’s economy.
Technically founded in the mid-19th century, Kenner was a relatively late bloomer for the parish in terms of population. The number of its inhabitants increased and new industries sprung up regularly since the 1840s, but it was not until the 1950s that Kenner experienced its first population explosion. This major spike in growth was tied to the development of the previously unsettled neighboring swamps, and the introduction of new transportation routes into the area. In the1970s, the construction of Interstate 10 completely changed the landscape and trajectory of Kenner’s growth, as it prompted the construction of new subdivisions and residential areas. This, in turn, spurred economic and industrial development in the city.
In many aspects of its economy, Kenner mirrors other cities and towns that make up the New Orleans Metropolitan Area. Transportation (primarily with relation to interstate traffic and commerce), the professional sector, and the retail and hospitality industries are the staples of the local economy. In terms of prominent businesses, the Louis Armstrong International Airport is one of the most notable employers in the area.
As a largely residential settlement, with much of the workforce commuting to jobs outside the city proper, Kenner has mainly focused on creating incentives to both increase the population and diversify its industries. One of the most visible attempts in this regard has been the branding of Laketown and Rivertown, two areas devoted to attracting outside capital. Pontchartrain Center, the convention center constructed in Laketown in the 1990s, has enjoyed moderate success to this end. Rivertown has been less effective in bolstering Kenner’s economy; its focus is tourism, which has failed to make a significant impact. While Kenner’s economy remains relatively strong, it has declined slightly in recent years, and further efforts will be necessary to strengthen the industries in the area in order to promote economic and residential growth once again.
If you have any questions about your Kenner, Louisiana legal matter, please give Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney a call at toll free 1-866-558-9151 or submit your inquiry online. We help people recover money from corporations, insurance companies and governments by overcoming problems, hassles and delays.