Car Accident Intersection Hot Spots in Algiers 2020
Algiers is an Orleans Parish community located on the Westbank of the Mississippi River and became the birthplace of Jazz. It also has its fair share of car accidents.
Louisiana auto accidents injured 72,543 people and killed 98 in 2019. In Orleans Parish, the amounts are 10,395 and 42, respectively. Algiers has its fair share of accidents.
From the Heatmap, you can see Auto Accident Hot spots in Algiers that you may want to avoid.
2020 Dangerous intersections Hotspots to avoid around Algiers include:
- Shirley Dr & General Meyer
- Newton & Whitney Avenue/L.B.Landry Avenue
- General Meyer Avenue & Kabel Dr
- Several Intersections Along General De Gaulle Dr including General De Gaulle at Westbank Expressway, Mar Avenue, Shirley Dr, Westbend Pkwy, Berman Pl, Kabel Dr/Lennix Blvd, and Woodland Dr
In addition to avoiding accidents, drivers can take the following precautions to prevent accidents and related injuries:
- Do Not Drink Alcohol & Use Drug While Driving
- Fasten You Safety Belt
- Do Not Speed
- Do Not Text While Driving
- Do Not Driver Aggressively (includes failing to yield, following too closely, cutting in/improper passing, disregarding traffic control and careless operation).
Not all accidents can be avoided. If you happen to get in an accident, there are certain steps that you should take immediately following the accident including:
- Photograph the IDs of all parties involved in the accident, including drivers, passengers, and other witnesses.
- Photograph registration and insurance information.
- Take pictures of the overall accident scene if you are able to. Think overview of the intersection, overview of all sides of all cars involved, and also close-ups of damages of all vehicles involved.
- Call the police and do not leave the scene of the accident unless it is due to a medical emergency.
- Make a report to the police of what happened;
- Do not apologize after the accident;
- Do not state how you physically feel as sometimes injures and associated symptoms take time to develop. Of course, if you are seriously injured, take an ambulance to the hospital.
- Get medical treatment.
- Do not give a recorded statement to any insurance company.
- Do not sign authorizations for medical treatment.
- Call Lavis Law Firm at 504-834-4000 or Contact Us Online – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney New Orleans Car Accident Lawyers for a FREE CASE REVIEW. We work on a NO RECOVERY-NO FEE Basis. You do not owe us any fee if we do not recover money for you.