Harvey is in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana and is located on the West Bank of the Mississippi. According to the 2010 census, Harvey has a population of 20,348. Located along across the Mississippi from Uptown New Orleans, and south-southwest of the French Quarter.
Jean-Batiste d’Estrehan de Beaupre owned the land and is credited with completing the Harvey Canal in 1739, connecting the river with Barataria Bay.
Harvey was founded as a company town and named Cosmolite City and developed and renamed by Joseph Hale Harvey.
The Lavis Law Firm has an office located at 1901 Manhattan Blvd. Bldg D, #111, Harvey, LA 70058