Metairie Law Office
Metairie has about 160,000 residents and is situated adjacent to the City of New Orleans. Cars are the most common form of transportation in Metairie and given that fact, there are accidents. The major roads where accidents occur include the I-10 that runs east-west through Metairie as does West Esplanade Ave, Veterans Memorial Boulevard, West Napoleon, West Metairie, Metairie Road, Airline Highway, Jefferson Highway, and Earhart Expressway. North-south roads include Transcontinental, Clearview, Causeway, and Bonnable. The southern end of the Causeway Bridge is in Metairie.
Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney is conveniently located in Jefferson and Orleans Parishes and on both the Eastbank and Westbank of the Mississippi. If you cannot come to one of our convenient locations, a Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney lawyer will meet you at a location convenient for you.
To discuss your case with an experienced Metairie injury attorney, schedule a free initial consultation by calling us today.
1 Galleria Blvd #1900, Metairie, LA 70001
Metairie, LA 70001
Hours: We accept calls 24-hours a day
Why our law firm?
- We have an A+ rating with the BBB.
- Top Injured Worker Attorney with Worker Injury Law & Advocacy Group
- We have an 11-part Client Services Guarantee.
See why our clients love working with us.
- “What I love about him is his Honesty and Integrity and how professional he handles his business”.
- “Mr. Lavis handles my worker’s compensation case and is easy to contact when I need him. Very professional and always doing his best for me. I would highly recommend Mr. Lavis if you are in need of a great professional attorney”.
- “He’s got great personality and is very helpful”.
“Mr. Lavis was a tremendous help when I got in a car accident. He took care of everything for me and made sure I was able to see the doctor I wanted to visit. He resolved the matter promptly and made sure to always return my phone calls whenever I had questions. I would definitely recommend Mr. Lavis to my friends and family.”
Review by: Scott
Reviewing: Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney
Read More Testimonials on AVVO
What types of cases do we take?
Our law firm focuses in the following areas of law:
- Car Accidents: We love helping with both property damage and injury cases. If you need a car accident lawyer in Metairie, LA, our law firm can help. Car accidents can often lead to serious bodily injury, expensive medical treatment, and lost wages. We understand the legal issues involved in car accidents, and we have the experience and skill needed to advocate for your interests. Contact our Metairie, LA lawyer today.
- Insurance Claims: Insurance may deny your life insurance or homeowners claim for an arbitrary reason. Call our Metairie, LA insurance lawyer for help reviewing your policy and legal options. Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney has handled hundreds of homeowner’s claims and many life insurance and flood insurance claims.
- Workers Compensation: In Louisiana Workers Compensation, Longshore & Harbor Workers Compensation and Defense Base Act matters, we can help you secure wage loss benefits, medical expense benefits, mileage reimbursement, and vocational rehabilitation benefits. If your job injury happens on the Railroad or aboard a boat or mobile drilling rig, we will help you prove employer negligence under FELA or the Jones Act.
- Personal Injuries: Charles Lavis became a personal injury attorney in 1995 because he likes to help people like you. If you were hurt on the job, involved in an auto accident, boating accident, construction accident, or otherwise suffered a loss because of a defective product, shoddy repair job or because you slipped and fell on a wet floor or tripped and fell on pavement in a parking lot, it might be time to look for a personal injury attorney in Metairie, LA.
Located adjacent to the city of New Orleans, Metairie is a Census Designated Place (CDP) that is one of the major financial hubs of Jefferson Parish in southeastern Louisiana. Although it is often overshadowed by New Orleans, and frequently portrayed as a primarily residential suburb in relation to the neighboring city, Metairie is an important locale in its own right.
Metairie was founded by French colonists in the early 18th century, on the banks of the Mississippi River. Similar to New Orleans and other settlements on the banks of this waterway, the area’s economic roots are in river transportation. Metairie has continued to benefit from the Mississippi’s presence and continued to flourish as a settlement primarily due to its proximity to the large Port of New Orleans.
Even though Metairie is not technically a city (and has no specific local governing body or mayor), it is massive in both geographic size and population, with over 160,000 residents. This number has fluctuated slightly in recent years, mainly due to the impact of Hurricane Katrina on both residents and industries in the area. Much of Metairie was affected by natural disasters, and there was significant flooding throughout the CDP. Regardless, there has been a steady influx of new Metairie inhabitants, especially from New Orleans. The infrastructure of Metairie has dealt well with the expanding population, and industries have diversified in recent years to accommodate a growing workforce.
As with the rest of the metropolitan area, Metarie’s current economy is inextricably tied to the professional sector, with health care and educational services as the forerunners in this category. White-collar industries alone do not hold up Metairie’s economy; however, hospitality and retail are also pillars of the Metairie economy, perhaps the most visible illustration of the CDP’s economic success in recent years. Construction and manufacturing are two other major employers that bolster the Metairie economy.
If you have any questions about your Metairie, Louisiana legal matter, please give Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney a call at toll-free 1-866-558-9151 or submit your inquiry online. We help people recover money from corporations, insurance companies, and governments by overcoming problems, hassles, and delays.