BEST New Orleans Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Near You
Table of Contents
When Should I Hire A New Orleans Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
Not all workers compensation cases require a lawyer. However, there are many common scenarios of cases that injured workers recruit the help of a workers’ compensation lawyer after being injured on the job in a construction accident, or warehouse accident. Some of the examples of why you need to hire a New Orleans workers’ compensation lawyer:
- The Deadbeat Employer: You are hurt on the job and your employer brings you to the emergency room and promises to pay for your medical bills out of his own pocket. You soon find out that the injury is more extensive, requiring you to miss time from work and incur thousands in expensive medical bills. Your employer tells you to come back to work when you can and then does nothing, not even pay the bills. You begin to wonder if your employer even has workers compensation insurance
- The employer has a posted “no lost-time accident” sign: Does your employer have a “We Have Proudly Worked #### Days With No Lost-Time Accident” sign? If your employer has a posted No Lost Time Accident sign or awards financial compensation to employees only if there is a No Lost Time Accident for a certain time period, you should be concerned. These policies often put undue pressure on injured workers to under-report the extent of an injury or to not take off time from work to recuperate from a serious injury. Sometimes employers and co-workers will even imply that the injured employee, who is forced to take off work due to a work injury, is not a team player or even hurt and has caused employees to lose out financially because of a “faked injury”.
- Recorded statements: You are hurt on the job and your employer’s workers compensation insurance company wants to meet with you to take your recorded statement before paying weekly workers compensation benefits.
- Choice of physician form: You are injured on the job and the employer/insurer try to make you sign a Choice of Physicians Form to try to lock you into seeing one specific insurance company doctor or one specific employers doctor (or you are asked to choose your doctor off of the list prescreened list of doctors favorable to the employer and workers compensation insurer).
- Surveillance video at your home and doctor’s office: You are home trying to recover from your work related injury and a suspicious car is parked around the corner from your house (or in the parking lot of your doctor’s or physical therapist’s office- prepared to follow you when you leave your appointment). You believe that the insurance company is conducting surveillance video.
- The company doctor: The workers compensation insurance company wants you to visit with their doctor (even if it’s not nearby) after you have been treating with your own doctor.
- The interfering nurse case manager: The New Orleans workers insurance company’s nurse case manager wants to sit in on your appointment with your own treating doctor.
- Insurance company’s alone time with your doctor: The insurance company’s nurse case manager writes you a letter to let you know that she or he will be meeting alone with your treating doctor. She invites you to come but says that there is no reason for you to go since she will be providing you a copy of the report of her meeting with the doctor.
- The vocational rehabilitation (“voc rehab”) counselor’s labor market survey: The insurance company’s vocational rehabilitation counselor is scheduling a meeting with you so that he or she can help you with your resumé and applying for jobs online or in person. She is also planning on meeting alone with you doctor. Afterwards, she presents you with a written list of jobs aka “The Labor Market Survey” by certified mail listing the name and address of prospective employers.
- The related and unrelated third party pain and suffering claim: Another party unrelated to your employer causes your injury or, you are involved in an automobile accident after your work related injury.
- Employee’s monthly report of earnings: You have been released to return to work but are earning less money than before your accident and are asked to complete a Wage Reporting Form.
- The low ball settlement offer: You have received what you think is a low ball settlement offer after the insurer has asked you to provide them with a reasonable settlement demand.
Contact an Experienced New Orleans Workers Compensation Attorney
New Orleans Worker Compensation Lawyer Charles Lavis Jr is near you and can help you verify insurance coverage, secure witness statements and photographs, prepare you for any recorded statements, help you with choice of physician forms, surveillance issues, company doctor visits, nurse case manager meetings, vocational rehab meetings and labor market survey issues, explore third-party claims for pain and suffering money and help you settle your New Orleans, Louisiana Workers Compensation Claim. Improper handling of the common scenarios may cause you to make fatal mistakes resulting in a reduction of benefits or even non-payment of your claim. Once a mistake is made, it may be an uphill battle to try to restore what you have lost! Call to speak to a Workers Compensation Lawyers in Louisiana or in New Orleans today.
What A Happy Client Has To Say on Google
Mr. Lavis took time out of his day to call me and answer some questions I had and to send me information that I could use regarding a possible worker’s compensation case. Not too many attorneys will take their personal time to call and speak to someone who’s not even a client of theirs.
- We have an A+ rating with the BBB
- We have a 5/5 rating on Avvo
- Top Injured Worker Attorney with Worker Injury Law & Advocacy Group
- We have a 11-part Client Services Guarantee
What Types of Cases Do We Take?
Our law firm specializes in the following areas of law:
- Car Accidents: If you need a car accident lawyer in New Orleans, LA, our law firm can help. Car accidents can often lead to serious harm, resulting in expensive medical treatment, time off work and lost income. Pursuing damages from a negligent driver to recover these costs can be a beneficial option to help victims of car accidents. We understand the legal nuances involved in auto accidents, and we have the experience and skill needed to advocate for your interests. Contact us at our New Orleans, LA office today.
- Workers Compensation: We love working on job injury cases. One of our customers shares: “Charles Lavis Jr helped me out a couple of times with job injury cases. The insurance company tried to mess me over a couple of times and he successfully overcame the obstacles. He did a great job! I would strongly recommend him for any workers compensation case, auto accident case or any other type of problem you have with your insurance company”. Contact our workers compensation attorney in Harvey today.
- Insurance Claims: Facing an issue with your insurance claim? If you need help with your Louisiana Bad Faith Insurance Claim, our New Orleans insurance attorney can help. Be advised that you may be facing important legal deadlines, so don’t delay!
- Personal Injuries: Charles Lavis became a personal injury attorney in 1995 because he likes to help people like you. If you were hurt on the job, involved in an auto accident, boating accident, construction accident, or otherwise suffered a loss because of a defective product, shoddy repair job or slip & fall accident, it might be time to look for a personal injury attorney in New Orleans, LA.
If you have any questions about your New Orleans, Louisiana legal matter, please give Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney a call at toll free 1-866-558-9151 or submit your inquiry online. We help people recover money from corporations, insurance companies and governments by overcoming problems, hassles and delays