Slidell, Louisiana Lawyer
Slidell Louisiana is headquarters to a major automotive manufacturer and military contractor and is connected to other major cities by Amtrack train. Freamaux mall provides several stores for shopping. Whether you are hurt on the job, while driving to the shopping mall or aboard a train, Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney is ready to help.
Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney is conveniently located and serves St Tammany Parish by meeting with clients at various locations including the Starbucks on Front Street in Slidell.
To discuss your case with an experienced injury attorney, schedule a free initial consultation by calling us today.
Hours: We accept calls 24-hours a day
Why our law firm?
- We have an A+ rating with the BBB.
- Top Injured Worker Attorney with Worker Injury Law & Advocacy Group
- We have a 11-part Client Services Guarantee.
- “What I love about him is his Honesty and Integrity and how professional he handles his business”.
- “Mr. Lavis handles my worker’s compensation case and is easy to contact when I need him. Very professional and always doing his best for me. I would highly recommend Mr. Lavis if you are in need of a great professional attorney”.
- “He’s got great personality and is very helpful”.
“Charlie was extremely professional and very genuine throughout the whole process. He explained everything thoroughly each step of the way. I highly recommend his services and will use him, if needed, in the future.”
Review by: Brittany Schmidt
Reviewing: Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney
What types of cases do we take?
Our law firm focuses in the following areas of law:
- Workers Compensation: We help with all types of job injury cases including those hurt welding or as fitters, warehousemen, or in construction. Our Slidell LA workers compensation lawyer also helps with those hurt offshore or as a military contractor working overseas. Whether your claim is a Louisiana Workers Compensation, Longshore, Defense Base Act or Jones Act matter, we are prepared to help.
- Insurance Claims: We love helping with life insurance and property damage claims. Oftentimes insurance is denied for an arbitrary reason, or a misinterpretation or misrepresentation of policy language. Request a copy of your policy and call our Slidell, LA insurance lawyer for help. Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney has handled hundreds of homeowner’s claims and many life insurance and flood insurance claims.
- Car Accidents: We love helping with New Orleans hit and run accidents and Total Loss property damage and diminished value claims. If you need a car accident lawyer in Slidell, LA, our law firm can help. Car accidents can often lead to serious injuries, resulting in expensive medical treatment, time off work and lost income. Pursuing damages from a negligent driver to recover these costs can be a beneficial option to help victims of car accidents. We understand the legal issues involved in car accidents, and we have the experience and skill needed to advocate for your interests. Contact our Slidell, LA lawyer today.
- Personal Injuries: Charles Lavis became a personal injury attorney in 1995 because he likes to help people like you. If you were hurt on the job, involved in an auto accident, boating accident, construction accident, or otherwise suffered a loss because of a defective product, shoddy repair job or because you slipped and fell on a wet floor or tripped and fell on pavement in a parking lot, it might be time to look for a personal injury attorney in Slidell, LA.
Although there were a nominal number of settlers in the region in the 1850s, the city of Slidell, Louisiana, blossomed in earnest out of the transportation industry in the late 19th century. The turning point occurred when the New Orleans and Northeastern railroad was constructed in the area to further open up New Orleans to economic possibilities on the east coast. The railroad brought with it the opportunity for new jobs and industries, and as such, Slidell began to emerge as a major settlement in southeastern Louisiana.
These early years in Slidell’s history set the stage for the area to continue to grow as a significant hub of transportation in Louisiana. Railroad construction continued into the 20th century, and were followed by the building of major highways and interstates that run through the city. Slidell’s existence on the banks of Lake Pontchartrain provides the additional benefit of water traffic, and access to the Gulf of Mexico.
Apart from transportation, Slidell has enjoyed a number of major industrial developments. The chemicals industry, namely creosote, drove the area’s economy for a number of years. More influential in terms of their scope and longevity, however, are the shipyard and offshore industries, and the proximity of several NASA sites. Lake Pontchartrain provides many employment opportunities for Slidell residents with regard to offshore facilities, and accounts for a major portion of the local economy. Similarly, NASA not only operates a computer facility within Slidell city limits, but also maintains one site in New Orleans, and another across the state border in Mississippi. Employment with NASA has not only bolstered the local economy, but has also tempered Slidell’s unemployment rate.
Slidell was severely damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, suffering largely from its nearness to the lake. Although it has made great strides in terms of recovery it does, as neighboring New Orleans, continue to feel the economic impact of the storm. Fortunately for Slidell, the placement of major veins of transportation, the easily accessible offshore industry and the boon of three NASA centers has allowed the city to remain a major economic player in southeastern Louisiana.
If you have any questions about your Slidell, Louisiana legal matter, please give Lavis Law Firm – Personal Injury & Accident Attorney a call at toll free 1-866-558-9151 or submit your inquiry online. We help people recover money from corporations, insurance companies and governments by overcoming problems, hassles and delays.